- CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services.
- CHC62015 Advanced Diploma of Community Services.
- HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing
Note: While ACFE may not offer all the qualifications indicated within the pathway, we identify relevant progression that may be attained. Check our website for your eligibility for the courses offered at ACFE.
- The program will be delivered 52 weeks (inclusive of term breaks and holidays). Training will be delivered 2 days per week for a period of 36 weeks plus 120 hours of practical placement for four (4) weeks.
- Class sessions will be held Wednesday and Thursday. Student will have access to College facilities when they are not attending placement (on Monday, Tuesday or Friday) to conduct self-study or research and or complete assessment tasks. Trainers provide assistance to students with additional learning and support needs throughout their training with ACFE.
- Each unit has 5 hours of self-study time per week. This is to allow time for students to undertake research for assessments tasks. Students are not required to attend Wednesday, Thursday and Friday during training weeks. This time could also be used for gaining paid work. International students on study visas must not work more than 40 hours per fortnight when the course is in session (other than work which has been registered as a part of the course).
- During training sessions student will also have access to the clinical laboratory to learn and practice skills such as performing activities of daily living tasks for their clients, using equipment such as the lifting hoist, practicing safe manual handling and infection control techniques etc. before placement begins.
- Students will have week 40 as final week following placement to complete all required assessment tasks. During this time student will be required to attend 3 scheduled classes. An Educator will facilitate these classes and provide support as required.
- On successful completion of year 11 or equivalent.
- A Police check is required for placement.
- For international students, ACFE also accepts proof of a level of English proficiency of IELTS level 5.5 or equivalent. If international students cannot provide documented proof of their English language proficiency, they will be required to sit for a Language, Literacy and Numeracy test (LLN) before a place can be offered.
- Documentation according to DIBP requirements.
- Certicate III in Individual Support
Those who complete the course could be expected to work in roles such as
- International Students: $12,000 (includes materials & Administration Fee)
- Fees are subject to changes
- Written and oral questions
- Practical demonstration / Observation
- Projects/ Reports/ Portfolios
- Case study