- HLT64115 Advanced Diploma of Nursing
- 018327G Bachelor of Nursing
Complete Nursing Courses, Melbourne, from ACFE
The Australian Centre of Further Education (ACFE) is pleased to offer a comprehensive and structured Melbourne registered nurse course. Nursing courses from ACFE are internationally recognised and are designed for both domestic and international students that are passionate about pursuing a career in nursing.
The qualification will give students the means to go on to achieve a Bachelor of Nursing or Advanced Diploma of Nursing Melbourne and Australia-wide. Students who reflect the roles of an enrolled nurse working under the supervision of a registered nurse. A Diploma of Nursing covers the learning and practical application of the skills and knowledge needed when providing quality health care to Melbourne and the rest of Australia.
What's Included in ACFE Melbourne Diploma of Nursing?
A Melbourne registered nurse course lasts for a duration of 104 weeks, which includes term breaks and 12 weeks of clinical placement so students can apply their knowledge in a real-life setting. Applicants with prior relevant work experience may be able to apply for Recognised Prior Learning to shorten the length of time it takes to complete a Diploma in Nursing.
The course teaches students both theoretical knowledge and practical skills. Students will learn how to perform a number of vital operations in the nursing profession, including but not limited to:
Confirming physical health status, how to practise nursing within the Australian health care system, implementation and evaluation of nursing care plans, administration and monitoring of medicines, implementation of care for persons with both acute and chronic health problems, interpretation of medical terminology.
Upon successful completion of an ACFE Diploma of Nursing, Melbourne students will have the opportunity to register to become an Enrolled Nurse. Enrolled Nurses have a range of possible career opportunities ahead of them. Popular career choices include working in acute care, aged care, rehabilitation, mental health services and community nursing.
At ACFE, we are dedicated to providing courses that prepare students for a career in their preferred field. Graduates of a Melbourne Diploma of Nursing and Advanced Diploma of Nursing course will gain the technical skills and actual experience to shape a successful career in nursing.
We recognise that, as an educational institute, it is our duty to not only provide students with the knowledge they need and can gain in a classroom, but also to offer real-life examples. For that reason, a registered nurse course encompasses 12 weeks of clinical placement that sets applicants up for future jobs in the healthcare industry.
Like all courses at ACFE, a Melbourne Diploma of Nursing offers an education that meets our three key terms:
- To strengthen existing skills and knowledge
- To give students a deep understanding of best practice methods in their field
- To ensure students are aware of the legalities of practising in Australia
Possible Job Roles
Entry Requirement(For International Students)
Units of Study
- CHCDIV001Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCPRP003Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTAAP002Confirm physical health status
- HLTAAP003Analyse and respond to client health information
- HLTENN001Practise nursing within the Australian health care system
- HLTENN002Apply communication skills in nursing practice
- HLTENN003Perform clinical assessment and contribute to planning nursing care
- HLTENN004Implement, monitor and evaluate nursing care plans
- HLTENN005Contribute to nursing care of a person with complex needs
- HLTENN006Apply principles of wound management in the clinical environment
- HLTENN007Administer and monitor medicines and intravenous therapy
- HLTENN008Apply legal and ethical parameters to nursing practice
- HLTENN009Implement and monitor care for a person with mental health conditions
- HLTENN011Implement and monitor care for a person with acute health problems
- HLTENN012Implement and monitor care for a person with chronic health problems
- HLTENN013Implement and monitor care of the older person
- HLTENN015Apply nursing practice in the primary health care setting
- HLTINF001Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTWHS002Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCPOL003Research and apply evidence to practice
- BSBLDR403Lead team effectiveness
- HLTENN025Implement and monitor care for a person with diabetes
- HLTWHS006Manage personal stressors in the work environment
- BSBMED301Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately