WORK TRAINING PROGRAM for NURSES (WTPN)
Work Training Program for Nurses (WTPN)
The Nursing Work Training Program is developed by the Australian Centre of Further Education (ACFE) to enhance the skills of Overseas-trained nurses after completing the IRON Program. This program is open to all overseas trained nurses who have acquired AHPRA Registration as RN in Australia.The WTPN is not part of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).The Objectives of the WTPN as follows:
- To further enhance the skills of overseas trained nurses after completing the IRON Program in order to have a better chance of employment.
- To gain more skills and training in various areas of nursing in Australia.
|Program of Study||COURSE DESCRIPTION|
|Core Competency Review||Continuous Professional Development (CPD) including revision of all core competencies including Basic Life Support (BLS), manual handling, infection control, medication calculations and administration|
|Practice Nurse Program||This is a program designed to prepare RN’s with current Australian registration who are interested in working in Medical Centres in Australia. The program includes immunisation guidelines and schedules; Medicare processes; chronic disease management; clinical practice procedures (eg. ECG, Spirometry, pathology collection) and paediatric management|
|Assess Clients and Manage Care||This program describes the skills and knowledge required for the Nurse to address the principles of best practice in nursing care delivery, client service and health care teamwork in order to provide holistic nursing care to clients at an advanced level in a variety of health care settings|
|Research||This program describes the skills and knowledge required by the Nurse to integrate nursing research skills into nursing practice within a contemporary health environment|
|Managing the Diabetic Client||This program describes the skills and knowledge required to apply the principles of diabetic nursing care, building upon existing skills to enable the Nurse to provide holistic nursing care and maintain optimum health.|
|Contemporary Aged Care||This program describes the skills and knowledge required to implement principles of aged care nursing, enabling the nurse to provide holistic nursing care to aged clients at an advanced level|
|Rural/Remote Nursing||This program describes the skills and knowledge required by the Nurse to perform nursing interventions to assist clients of rural health care services to maintain or regain optimal function and lifestyle|
|Domiciliary Care||This program describes the skills and knowledge required by the Nurse to perform nursing interventions to assist clients in a domiciliary environment|
|Palliative Care||This program describes the skills and knowledge required in providing palliative care to clients with life-limiting illness and their family.|
|Managing the Deteriorating Patient||This program is designed to improve the assessment skills of the registered nurse in identifying and managing the deteriorating patient|
|Preceptorship Training||This program has been developed to introduce nurses to the concept of Preceptorship and the role of the Preceptor in the clinical setting.|
|Critical Thinking for Nurses||This program will develop the skills of the nurse as a critical thinker and assist with the improvement and application of reflective practice skills|
Method of Payment
- Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard)
- Bank Cheque
- Electronic Funds Transfer
|Bank Details||National Australian Bank|
|Bank Address||460 Collins St., Melbourne, Victoria 3000|
Visa and 407 Sponsorship
The Australian Centre of Further Education (ACFE) is an approved sponsor for the Temporary Work Training and Research (Visa 407) With Approval Number 470563581.
Applicants to the Work Training Program for Nurses may be approved for Sponsorship by the Australian Centre of Further Education (ACFE).
For more information about the Visa 407 Visa Sponsorship, please visit the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection website at www.immi.gov.au
PLEASE READ THE CONDITIONS OF VISA 407 SPONSORSHIP AND ACKNOWLEDGEMandatory conditions:
- 8102 The holder must not engage in work in Australia (other than in relation to the holder’s course of study or training).
- 8303 The holder must not become involved in activities disruptive to, or violence threatening harm to, the Australian community or a group within the Australian community.
- 8501 The holder of the visa must not enter Australia before the entry to Australia of a person specified in the visa.
- 8516 The holder must continue to be a person who would satisfy the primary or secondary criteria, as the case requires, for the grant of the visa. Other conditions(may or may not be imposed)
- 8106 The holder must engage in work in Australia only if the work is relevant to the conduct of the business, or performance of the tasks, specified in the visa application.
- 8301 After entry to Australia, the holder must satisfy relevant public interest criteria before the visa ceases.
- 8502 The holder of the visa must not enter Australia before the entry to Australia of a person specified in the visa.
- 8503 The holder will not, after entering Australia, be entitled to be granted a substantive visa, other than a protection visa, while the holder remains in Australia.
- 8522 The holder must leave Australia not later than the time of departure of the person:
– (a) who has satisfied the primary criteria; and
– (b) of whose family unit the holder is a member.
- 8525 The holder must leave Australia by a specified means of transport on a specified day or within a specified period.
- 8526 The holder must notify the Secretary in writing, not earlier than 7 days before the day the visa ceases to be in effect, and not later than that day, of the holder’s place of residence in Australia by posting the notification to the Central Office of Immigration in the Australian Capital Territory.