After successfully completing CHC43115 – Certificate IV in Disability, students may apply for:
- HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing
- CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services
This course is delivered in a structured classroom environment which includes the ACFE purpose built laboratory and computer laboratory. Students will also attend work placement.
The program will be delivered over 39 weeks (holiday inclusive, and 2 full days (8 hours each) and 1 half day (4 hours) per week face-to-face training), including 20 contact hours per week of theory and simulation training, self-paced structured e-learning, and at least 120 hours of work based training/professional experience placement (PEP).
Besides the above structured learning, students are advised that they will be required to do appropriately 10 hours per week of unstructured learning
The simulation training is for review of the learning activities, practicing communication, work based skills, management skills and to undertake other assessments e.g.: group presentation/individual presentation etc.
You will find the hands-on practical simulation training interesting and beneficial, so that you can perform tasks efficiently and effectively in an actual workplace which will build your confidence and competence.
Successfully completing this course may enable you to work as a:
- Disability Support Worker
- Personal Care Assistant
- Residential Support Worker
- Recreational Services officer
- Adult Training Services Worker
- Integration Aid
- 18 years or older upon application
- Successful completion of year 12 or equivalent.
- All applicants are required to have successfully completed an LLN test and demonstrate competence as working at Level 3 for all indicators to enrol for this qualification
- IELTS Overall 5.5 band (no band below 5.0)
- TOEFL iBT (Internet-based) 69-79 with no band less than 14
- TOEFL Paper 523 (with a min. TWE 3.5)
- TOEFL CBT (Combuted-based) 193 (with a min.TWE 3.5)
- PTE Academic 46 with no communicative skill score less than 40
- Evidence of at least 5 years of studies in an English speaking country (Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Canada, United States of America, South Africa, Republic of Ireland)
- International Students: $8,500 (includes meterials & Administration Fee)
- Fees are subjected to changes
Relates to the learning achieved outside the formal education and training system. It is an assessment process that assesses the individual’s non-formal and informal learning. This may include any combination of formal or informal training and education, work experience or general life experience to determine the extent to which that individual has achieved the required learning outcomes, competency outcomes, or standards for entry to, and/or partial or total completion of, a qualification.
To receive RPL, we assess your previous work, education and life experiences against recognised qualifications.
Applications for RPL must be made prior to the commencement of the course – please speak with the Student Support Officer if you wish to apply. There is a fee for consideration of RPL applications.
- Written and oral questions
- Case Study/Scenarios
- Third party reports
- Observation in a simulated work environment
- Observation after in actual work environment via third party reports and observation checklists
What you learn at ACFE has direct links to the real world. You’ll have the chance to put theory into practice in at least 120 hours of practical work placement that we arrange for you.
You’ll learn from Trainers and Assessors who have valuable industry contacts and the latest industry-standard skills and knowledge. Learning with us means you’ll get the hands-on learning to be job-ready and confidence prior to the commencement of your practical work placement.
Practical Placement, or “on-the-job” training, is an important part of the CHC43115 – Certificate IV in Disability. It gives you the opportunity to apply, in a real-life setting, the theoretical knowledge gained in the classroom and the practical knowledge gained in the simulated lab.
It also allows you to develop these skills and practical knowledge under the supervision of experienced practitioners.