098814G – BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
After successfully completing the Diploma of Leadership and Management, students may apply for the:
- BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management.
Note: While ACFE may not offer all the qualifications indicated within the pathway, we identify relevant progression that may be attained.
This qualification is delivered to the local and international students over total of 800 hours. This includes 710 nominal hours and an 11% of self-directed study. Participants enrolled in this course will have up to 52 weeks to complete the course requirements. This include end of the year holidays and four term breaks of two weeks each within the stated delivery timeframe. Face to Face delivery with student participation in the demonstration of job role tasks.
Employment opportunities resulting from the completion of this course may include following job roles Senior Manager (Public Sector),Business Development Manager, Information Services Manager, Business Manager, Manager, Distribution Centre Manager, Legal Practice Manager, Production Manager, Operations Manager, Public Sector Manager, Office Manager, Warehouse Manager, Corporate Services Manager, Transport Manager.
- On successful completion of year 11 or equivalent.
- For international students, ACFE also accepts proof of a level of English proficiency of IELTS level 5.5 or equivalent. If international students cannot provide documented proof of their English language proficiency, they will be required to sit for a Language, Literacy and Numeracy test (LLN) before a place can be offered.
- Documentation according to DIBP requirements.
- International Students: $9,500 (includes materials & Administration Fee)
- Fees are subject to changes
A range of the following assessment methods will be used to assess the students:
- Written questions or Oral Questioning
- Practical demonstration/ Observation
- Projects/ Reports/ Portfolios
This qualification requires the successful completion of 12 units of competency:
4 Core units and 8 Electives
Develop and use emotional intelligence
Manage operational plan
Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
Lead and manage team effectiveness
Manage quality customer service
Manage budgets and financial plans
Manage people performance
Facilitate continuous improvement
Develop and manage performance-management processes
Manage employee relations