HLT51020 – Diploma of Emergency Health Care – 106018J
COURSE CODE : HLT51020 | CRICOS CODE : 106018J
This qualification reflects pre-hospital and out-of-hospital workers employed to provide patient assessment, healthcare and transport services. These workers possess clinical skills and theoretical knowledge and provide clinical assessment and pre-hospital and out-of-hospital interventions to patients in an emergency, including providing advanced skills in life support. This qualification applies to a variety of roles within the health care and patient transport system.
Diploma of Emergency Health Care can lead to further study within Paramedical Studies including the Bachelor of Paramedical Practice.
HLT51020 – Diploma of Emergency Health Care course is a 52 weeks program delivered in a structured classroom environment which includes the ACFE purpose built workshop and computer laboratory.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 160 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of Units of Competency.
The program will be delivered – Blended (Face to Face + Online) + Workshop Training.
The simulation training is for review of the learning activities, practicing communication, work based skills, management skills and to undertake other assessments e.g. project(s), presentation etc.
You will find the hands-on practical simulation training interesting and beneficial, so that you are able to perform tasks efficiently and effectively in an actual workplace which will build your confidence and competence.
Level 5 & 9, 341-345 Queen Street,
Melbourne VIC 3000
Level 1, 37 George Street,
Parramatta NSW 2150
- Emergency Services Officer
- Industrial Medic
- Advanced Life Support
- Ambulance Transport Attendant
- Emergency medical technician
- Private Patient Transport Officer
- Emergency Patient Transport Officer
- Emergency Medical Technician
- 18 years or older upon application
- All applicants are required to have successfully completed an LLN test and demonstrate competence for all indicators to enrol for this qualification
- For international students, ACFE accepts following proof of a level of English proficiency:
- IELTS Overall 6.5 band (no band below 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT (Internet-based) 79-93 with no band less than 19
- TOEFL Paper 570 (with a min. TWE 4.5)
- PTE Academic 58 with no communicative skill score less than 50
- International Students: $19,500 (Includes Materials & Administration Fee)
- Written questions or Oral Questioning
- Practical demonstration/ Observation
- Projects/ Reports/ Portfolios
|Core units – 9|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically|
|HLTAAP002||Confirm physical health status Core|
|HLTINF001||Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures|
|HLTOUT001||Implement safe access and egress|
|HLTOUT005||Assess and deliver standard clinical care|
|HLTOUT010||Communicate in complex situations to support health|
|HLTWHS002||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
|HLTWHS006||Manage personal stressors in the work environment|
|Elective units – 8|
|CHCDIV002||Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety|
|BSBMED301||Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately|
|HLTAID011||Provide First Aid|
|BSBFLM303||Contribute to effective workplace relationships|
|HLTENN037||Perform clinical assessment and contribute to planning nursing care|
|CHCCOM005||Communicate and work in the health or community services|
|HLTENN039||Apply principles of wound management|
|HLTENN036||Apply communication skills in nursing practice|